Road Trip: Illinois 2018

A new adventure from a place I've been. So I decided to take a different route this time on our trip to Illinois. Tired of Texas and Oklahoma so we drove through New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri


We straight passed Albuquerque, didn't want to mess with that. But decided since I have never been to Santa Fe, I made sure the route included it on our journey.


 We didn't stay long, but I was fine with that. It was a nice town But I didn't really plan anything so we just went downtown. This building was the most interesting, as well as some of the buildings to the north of here. I forgot to capture them...maybe next time.


The surrounding areas of New Mexico are beautiful. Well, at least the mountains. I'm not one for deserts. But I do love the clouds and shadows.


Somehow we missed this storm, but we followed it up into Colorado.


As we drove my mom was sad because she didn't see any deer or antalope, so while moving I captured these little buggers. Not an easy task seeing that they were on the left hand side and I was on the passanger side. But I did well.


We stopped at a Route 66 gas station it we a nice place. Grandpa was in awe of all the cars and Hot Wheels, but mostly with Monroe. ;) Crazy old man.


Not much to say about Kansas, but if you ask for a straight road because its faster use this road.... it will drain you. this could be Misouri not sure...


 We had a blast in Illinois; Fire and crazy people.


Like I said Fire and Crazy People................... It was a great graduation. 


On our way back I got to see these birds running about. Goose right... sure.


 This was a nice rest stop in Kansas I believe. I am sure it was...


It had a lookout point that was kinda nice. looked into the fields.


Now Colorado Springs I would love to go there again to see more stuff. The Garden of The Gods was spectacular. We also went to Cave of The Winds. We didn't go into the actual cave but we did atleast go to the place on top of it.


It is a place that is beyond words.


This little dude care not that we were standing there watching it. It just kept taking plants down its hole. sometimes it would look at us but kept at it. 


 We didn't end the journey here. but this was the last of daylight. So with that I leave you with this.

"Go enjoy life, because it will end before you know it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tucson Comic Con 2018

Super Red Blue Lunar Eclipse

Road Trip: New Mexico Travels